Sunday, October 14, 2007
Style Icon - Brigitte Bardot
While many of us look to celebrities for fashion inspiration, we must not forget fashionistas from yester-year like Audrey, Marilyn, Marlene, and one blond sex bomb, Brigitte Bardot.
Her style was simple, youthful and chic. French women are renowned for their great fashion sense and Bardot was no different. Being naturally very beautiful, she alluded glamour in her sensational looks. She had a distinct way of sexifying a cardigan, cropped jeans and flats.
Her style embodies the French approach to dressing. Feminine, elegant and largely very simple, but always very seductive.
1. Forever21 Striped Rib Knit Top, $12.80 at Forever21
Simple and classic versatile striped top is perfect for a day of retail therapy or for a date.
2. AG Adriano Goldschmied The Stilt Cigarette Jeans, $145.00 at Saks
Embody Brigitte Bardot's sex appeal in this low rise super skinny cigarette leg jeans.
3. Sigerson Morrison Ballet, $275.99 (orginal price, $395.00) at Piperlime
Ballet inspired skimmer with jewel ornamentation.
4. Jennifer Behr Wide Ribbed Knit Headband, $88.00 at Intermix
Cozy ribbed knit headband measures seven inches wide and secures at the back with patent leather tab ends attached with an elastic cord.
5. Tom Ford Eyewear Serena Sunglasses, $340.00 at Shopbop
Sexy Bardot style sunglasses with squared plastic frames and metal detail at sides.
6. Louis Vuitton Damier Canvas Keepall, $875.00 at eLuxury
Smooth chocolate Damier canvas with rounded leather handles with handle strap for an elegant carry. An update of Brigitte Bardot's favorite carryall.
7. Necessary Objects™ Shift Dress, $58.00 at Nordstrom
Sheath dress with pert cap sleeves finished with oversized decorative buttons in the back.
8. Stuart Weitzman 50cent-mid, $475.00 at Zappos
Fabulous thigh-high boot with a pointy toe design and wedge heel.